CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Space that is My Office...

or as I like to call it...My Foam Lined Cell.

In the theme of Rob's blog, I am going to talk about one of my favoritest movies...

Office Space. It has become my life...

SAMIR
Oh no! Not again! Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper
jam?!! I, I swear to God, one of these days, I, I, I just kick this
piece of shit out the window!!!

MICHAEL
you and me both, man. The thing is lucky I'm not armed.


Which brings me to why I am posting today.

My beloved HP LaserJet 4300N. Otherwise known as the 1013. Also otherwise known as Thomas Jefferson. (I have 2 other printers: Zachary Taylor (1022) and Martin Van Buren (1018)...they keep me company). Thomas Jefferson is located in the "Admin" area. So its about 3 cubes away (approx 30 feet). The other 2 printers are located within my cube. (Yes, I have the largest cube in the office, the most printers and the most computers...I am slowly but surely taking over Lincoln...one cube at a time). You might ask, "why would you use the Thomas if you have 2 printers in your cube?" Good question. Martin is a Solid Ink Color Laser. Zachary is a multi-purpose laser. The Thomas is a high speed laser. When I print anything over about 20 pages, its the easiest place to print it. SOOOOOO fast. and in the winter, I use it as a warming device. Paper come off SOOOOOO hot.

You might also ask, "why are the pritners named after presidents?" Yes, another good question. I didn't name them. If I had, they would all be characters from Disney Creations (i.e. Capt Jack Sparrow, Figment, Eeyore, Sulley). Steve, the uber tech guy, named them. He used to work in the VA Beach office and said he liked it when people would call him and tell him that "George Washington was being a squeaky bitch" Nuff said.

Moving along...

We've been having some "issues" with the Thomas. I send something to print. It blinks. Its like a sad little puppy that needs attention. I go over to the printer. It continues to blink. The LED says "paper jam". Now that is all well and good if there were a freaking paper jam. No. No. No paper jam. Every 3rd time you print it says there is a paper jam. Wanna know the solution to said paper jam?

Lift the top lid. Shut the lid. It prints. How does that make ANY sense???

So this little issue has been going on for about 7 months. A guy came in the other day. I'm sending stuff to print. I stand up to go get my printings. The printer is in about 9 pieces on the floor. Hmmmm, need to send to other printer. Well since I was sending a VERY large job (80 pages) it took quite awhile.

Getting to the point. Looks like the random guy who took apart the printer fixed it!!!!


Hooray.


So today, I go to print 2 copies of a 1 page insurance report...

The first page comes out.

"PCX Error:...**9)00. Undefined Range" comes out on the next page.

The second page comes out.

Oh Thomas Jefferson, why do you hate me so???

But I guess fixing that is for another day.


MILTON
And if, if they take my stapler, I will, I will set this building on
fire.



Not really though...

4 comments:

Chris Condon said...

Things I wish I'd said:

Taft ate my TPS print out. And then he ate the uber tech guy.

Tim and Kristin's House said...

PC load letter?! What the f*** does THAT mean!

I worked at an office every summer and winter for 5 years. Mostly my desk was the meeting place for printing and faxing and, somehow, I became the faxing person for all the egomaniacal bosses (I had about 6, it seemed). So boy do I relate to that movie...

Trip Thomas said...

ok, so this is actually about the post below this one. I just saw that picture for the first time. Why does Sarah Warren always have a funny face in pictures?? Does she do it on purpose? It's pretty weird.

Kristen said...

1) My office is Crazy!

2) I don't know why sarah has a "funny face". Although, I believe this time it is caused by too much blue eye shadow. (i did that).