CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Are you Serious?!?!?

Its been a reasonably uneventful week.

2 days this week, I have rolled into the lovely office at about 6:45am. I know. That sounds like it rocks. Yesterday (aka that day I got to come in at normal time), I stayed until about 5:45.

I hate year end!

This morning, I went down to the break room at about 8:10 to make myself a yummy cup of Mandarin Spice Tea. It is De-lish. I'm stirring in my sweet and low. I get freaking paged. I'm like, "oh crap, the printer probably exploded and I must come to the rescue!" Wouldn't it be cool if I were paged for something useful???

No. I ran back to my desk to staple 3 packets together. I feel like it took more effort to page me then it would have to just stapled the damn packets.

It makes me feel less inclined to do more important things around here.

So we have all these cheeseball motivational posters around the office. I think they are dumb. I'm not motivated. I have never seen anyone walk by one and be like "OHHHHHH now I must go achieve my goals! Good thing I walked past that poster!"

The one nearest to my desk reads: Attitude is the little thing that makes a BIG difference.

And the picture is of a rain drop falling into still water.


PLEASE!!!!

Over the past few weeks, I have been making fun of them on a constant basis. So last night, Justin sends me a link, which I am sure many of you have seen, and I have decided that THIS is going to be the new motivation poster to be displayed near my desk.

Perhaps a few people around here will find it funny.

The others probably won't even notice that the poster has changed.


So I'm gonna go make me some more tea and sit here until its time to go home. Today has been far too long and its only 2:15...


Go Eagles!
Go Lafayette!

1 comment:

Snuffy2 said...

Lafayette? Ha!!!! No way!!! You shall be proven wrong this Sat!