CafeMom Tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas is for giving me stuff...

at least it is if you're a Third Party Vendor.


So, I read Condon's Blog today and it inspired me to let everyone know what I have received in this short week.

It all started on Tuesday.

The FedEx guy came a little late, around 10:30am. I was waiting for an important underwriting package, so I decided to camp out at the receptionists desk until the guy delivered. When he finally did arrive, he had both of my paperwork envelopes and a bunch of boxes. Nothing seemed unusual...

I go back to my desk, sort the paperwork and prepare it for more people to sign it.

The receptionist comes to my desk with a box.

SWEET!

Its from the "Dancing Deer Baking Company"

ok...

Inside is a marvelous box...Neiman Marcus cookies!
Fresh.
4 kinds. (Peppermint Chocolate Chocolate, Mountain Crunch, Cherry Walnut, Vanilla Almond)
Mmmm Cookies.

Whoever sent me that get some more business next year.

5 minutes later. Another Box.

This one is from a law firm we work with. It has a mug. And a box of 30 Truffles.

I finish some more of my stuff and decide now would be a good time to photocopy all of it.

I pass the receptionist. She has another box for me.

I go photocopy and pick up the other box on the way back. OH MY GOD. Its f-ing heavy.

14 pounds of Hershey's Miniatures!!! In quite a lovely holiday tin.

Yeah, you read it correctly. 14 pounds. To give you an idea of how much that actually is, thats about 34 heaping handfuls.

All packages that came that day were for me. I like it when companies kiss up.

So, yesterday was less exciting...only one package.

Chocolate covered potato chips from Neiman Marcus. 3 sleeves. 3 kinds of chocolate.

wow.

I have to ask though...does anyone send fruit anymore? Come on...thats like the most amount of chocolate I have seen in my entire life.

So thats about all from here...I probably won't post until after the New Year. I only work 1.5 days next week. HOORAY!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everyone!!!

I'm going to Happy Hour now!

2 comments:

Piranha said...

Chocolate-covered potato chips?!? Pretzels, yes, but chips.... ewww :-P

Trip Thomas said...

Are we talking 34 of your heaping handfulls or my heaping handfulls?